Protecting Your Oral Health
Since you were a child, you have always had the same oral hygiene routine. You brush your teeth twice a day, floss when you remember, and visit your dentist twice a year for annual check ups. Why should you consider changing your routine?
Dr. Mohamed Ali is passionate about his patients’ overall oral health. Through this blog, you will learn simple ways that you can protect your teeth and gums. Your oral health and overall health are both remarkably connected. Keeping your mouth at its healthiest can help you feel your best too—learn more through Dr. Mohamed Ali’s blog.
Ways to Protect Your Smile
While you might have had the same oral hygiene habits for decades, incorporating some new dental elementals into your daily routine can help you to have a smile that is healthy for a lifetime. Some of Dr. Mohamed Ali’s healthy dental tips include:
- Set a Timer- while many people brush their teeth twice a day, they might not brush their teeth for two full minutes each time. Set a timer and brush your teeth for two minutes paying special attention to the back areas of your mouth.
- Floss everyday- flossing should not be done on a whim. It should be part of your normal dental routine. Taking the time to floss daily can help to prevent plaque buildup between teeth, and help in periodontal disease prevention. For any questions about proper flossing technique, do not hesitate to contact Dr. Mohamed Ali at his San Francisco office!
- Brush your Tongue- the tongue is an area of the body that can harbor bacteria. Make sure that you spend part of your brushing time on your tongue.
- Eat Healthy Foods- your oral health can be impacted by the foods that you consume. The more fruits and vegetables that you can incorporate into your diet, the more your teeth and gums will benefit. Preparing foods that are low in sugar can make a dramatic difference in terms of the health of your mouth.
- Do Not Wait to Visit the Dentist- in addition to regular dental office visits for cleanings and check-ups, you should visit your dentist if something about your mouth is bothering you. Preventative care is key to ensure that small issues can be resolved before turning into monumental problems.
Dr. Mohamed Ali is passionate about offering unparalleled dental care and services to each one of his patients. To learn more ways that you can keep your smile healthy, please contact Dr. Ali today at 415-391-7751. Our team of dental experts is here to answer all of your questions about oral health, and help you find the ways to best protect your mouth. Contact us today to learn more!
- Dr. Mohamed Ali. Our Services. http://www.malidds.com/our-services/
- Everyday Health. 6 Nighttime Tips for Healthy Teeth. http://www.everydayhealth.com/health-report/oral-health/nighttime-oral-care.aspx