Cosmetic orthodontics deals with the amendment of misaligned teeth to improve the appearance and functioning of the teeth. In this type of treatment, spreading the bite pressure evenly over all your teeth also helps to look after the long-term oral health of your teeth, gums, and jaw joints. Cosmetic orthodontics usually involves wearing a brace (a form of treatment for misaligned teeth which results’ bad bite’. This means that the top row of teeth protrudes over the bottom row of teeth: or if there are teeth overcrowding) which helps to get into the proper position.
A brace is used if there is a problem with the movement of the jaw, leading to difficulties in biting or chewing due to teeth irregularity caused by temporomandibular joint (TMJ). Braces are also worn for cosmetic reasons such as improving a crooked smile, which boosts a person’s confidence and self-esteem and his/her overall quality of life.
Types of braces:
There are multiple types of braces available which include:
- Invisalign (invisible braces) – As the name itself suggests, it is made from a transparent plastic material which is hardly noticeable to the naked eye and fits easily over the teeth and moves them gradually into the desired position.
- Fast-acting adult braces – These are designed to be worn by adults only, who have fully grown teeth are having a normal alignment of their teeth (less or no crowding).
- Damon braces – These are metal-free, no-friction braces are comprised of wires and a slide mechanism that enables misaligned teeth to move back into position.
- Inman aligners – This is similar in appearance to Invisalign braces except that they contain a metal bar that can be seen over the front teeth.
- Simpli5 clear aligners – A transparent plastic set of aligners (5 in total) that are worn to correct minor cases of misaligned teeth or other similar orthodontic issues. This brace does not hold a metal bar, wires, or brackets. The patient is also free to choose the type of brace he/she wants.
The Need For Cosmetic Orthodontic Treatment
Some people have crowded or crooked teeth, some have upper front teeth that stick out and look unsightly. These kinds of arrangement of teeth are likely to be damaged. Also, when the teeth don’t meet correctly, it causes jaw and joint problems and sometimes headaches. Orthodontic treatment helps in this kind of issue by making them able to bite more evenly and reduce the strain. Orthodontic treatment corrects or straightens the crowded and crooked teeth, also moves them into a better position. This ultimately improves people’s appearance and the way the teeth bite together. The fantastic thing about orthodontic treatment is, it is easier to clean.
Is Cosmetic Orthodontic Treatment painful?
Many sorts of appliances are doing orthodontic treatment, and it is called a ‘brace.’ All devices may make you feel strange at first and can cause little discomfort. If your pain and problem persist, the orthodontist may be able to carry out adjustments to help. Teeth are usually uncomfortable immediately after the treatment is carried out, which will be settled soon.
How Successful Is Cosmetic Orthodontic Treatment?
Every successful treatment depends on both the skills of the dentist and the enthusiasm and helpfulness of the patient. Cosmetic orthodontics also needs the same. It is important to thoroughly follow any instructions given by the orthodonti