In our previous blog, we saw the different types of toothbrush available in the market. After knowing the different types of
How to choose a manual toothbrush?
- Always look for a soft, rounded bristled brush that bears the seal of American Dental Association (ADA). Soft bristled brush helps you to apply pressure to remove plaque. On the other hand, if you are using a stiff-bristled toothbrush and applying pressure while brushing. It can lead to tooth sensitivity because the tooth root can be exposed because of extra pressure applied to the gum.
- Look for a head size that fits comfortable in your mouth. If the head is too big, it will be difficult to reach the back teeth, where bacteria thrive. You can brush in front of the mirror to check whether your new brush reaches all the teeth, if it doesn’t then you should be changing your head size. The general size is 1 inch long and ½ inch wide.
- Purchase a new toothbrush every 3 to 4 months when you see your bristles starts wearing out. Also, you should change your toothbrush after you get sick because the germs present in the brush might cause to you get sick again.
- Invest in your toothbrush, don’t buy a cheap toothbrush. Cheap toothbrush cuts corners of the quality of the material used. In order to brush your teeth safely twice a day, always use good quality toothbrush.
How to choose an electric toothbrush?
- Select a model that has a timer. It is recommended to brush 2 minutes every day. However, with a manual toothbrush, we do not stick to that timeline. Many electric brushes have timers that beep when the recommended 2 minutes of brushing time are up, and some newer models beep every 30 seconds to let you know when to switch from left to right, or top to bottom. Having a timer will lead to effective brushing.
- Just like manual toothbrush, the bristles of an
electrictoothbrush can also wear out. Change the replacement head every 3 to 4 months and when you get sick. Some replacement heads have a color indicator built into the bristles; when the color disappears, it’s time to swap out the head.
At the end, we need to remember that we need to brush twice a day. So, be comfortable in what you are using and buy right because your oral health is related to your overall health too. If you are still confused as to what is the right toothbrush for you, you can speak to your dentist.
Dr.Mohamed Ali recommends Philips Sonicare smart toothbrush because it is tough on plaque and gentle on your gums. It uses advanced technology to sweep away plaque and give a deep clean. The toothbrush for your complete oral care.
For your information, at Dr. Mohamed Ali’s office, San Francisco, he will thoroughly assess your mouth before recommending any treatment for you considering about your dental issues. If required, he might suggest some alternatives which are best suited for your needs. The billing experts will inspect your insurance benefits and will offer you a complete treatment plan with all the necessary arrangements. Every major dental and medical PPO insurance plan are accepted, including Medicare. There is also an in-office Plan for Health for those who don’t have any insurance. Also, we have partnered with various financial institutions like The Lending Club, Care Credit, Healthcare Finance Solutions, to make your treatment extremely affordable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. So sit, relax, and get sparkling white teeth. If you are ready to boost up your smile, give us a call or visit our website today! You can reach us at 415.391.7751.