A smile has the power to create a better future and makes you feel better. Invisalign helps a lot of patients across the globe have a beautiful smile with their advanced clear aligner. It has revolutionized the orthodontics world with more than 5 million patients already being treated. Invisalign was developed and launched in the year 1999 with a theory that if dental retainer could make your teeth move in small increments, then a series of successful retainers could combine to effect large-scale repositioning of the teeth. Thus, Invisalign was born. It has brought in an option for those patients who despised braces. Now patients who would never consider braces are giving Invisalign a serious thought.
The Invisalign clear aligners are made as per individual need. The aligners are transparent as suggested from the word Invisalign and made of thermoplastic material. Each aligner shifts the teeth slightly, moving them horizontally and vertically and even rotating them when needed. The aligners are engineered to use the right amount of force in the right place at the right time. When the user changes to the next set of aligners (typically every two weeks), their teeth gradually move into position, following a custom treatment plan mapped out by the doctor.
Some Of The Issues Which Invisalign Treats Are:
- Overly crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Gum or periodontal issues
How Does Invisalign Process Look Like?
- Starts with a consultation: Dr. Mohamed Ali will examine your teeth and show you the benefits of Invisalign treatment for you.
- Receive your individualized treatment plan: Start with a fast, precise digital scan. Then, Dr.Ali will chalk down a custom treatment plan for you. You will get a chance to see how your new smile will look like.
- Get Your aligners customized for you: Your aligners are custom made for you in the largest, most advanced mass customization process in the world.
- Pick up your first aligners: Right from the start of the journey till the end, Dr.Ali and his expert team will guide you on each and every step of the way.
- Live your life without worry: Life does not wait for anyone and with Invisalign, you can walk with the fast pace of today’s world. Show the world the smile which you have.
How long does the Invisalign treatment take?
The course of treatment with Invisalign for most adults is approximately 12 months, and it may vary from person to person. The difference will start appearing within three months. If patients have severe alignment problems or facing critical issues, then it will take more time. People are different, mouth shapes are different, it all depends on the movement, some are flexible, and some are stubborn. It is a bit hard to tell how easily the mouth will change until one begins the course of treatment.
For crowded teeth: a mild case may take as little as six months to fix. Critical or severe issues will take longer. Here the dentist may recommend removing the teeth or suggest using a hanger.
Gaps: For small openings, it can take little as eight weeks to fix depending on the issues with the gaps. Proper retention methods must be used. Planning or getting retainers to keep the gaps closed will help.
Compared to metal braces, Invisalign is quicker than traditional metal braces, which takes an average of 2 years or 24 months. Invisalign takes only half the time. Also, it is more convenient. It is because the Invisalign aligners trays are removable.
Traditional braces would need to be tightened every three to four weeks, for Invisalign, one needs to get a new set of aligner trays about every two weeks.
What Is The Difference Between Invisalign And Braces?
- Detached: Invisalign consists of a series of trays which can be taken out while eating or any other activities as required. However, braces consist of brackets and wires attached to the teeth which cannot be removed during the treatment period.
- Food: As we can take out Invisalign aligners during eating or drinking there is no restriction on what you can eat which normally is the case with braces. However, you need to brush your teeth after every meal before putting back your aligners.
- Effectiveness: Aligners are more effective when worn 20-22 hours a day, else they will not work. However, if the complexity is very high in your teeth then braces are better treatment options especially when you require extraction and large movement of back teeth.
- Discomfort: Invisalign aligners are not as painful as braces. There will be some pressure initially when you are using it. However, you get used to it. Braces because of rubbing of wires and brackets against the gum cause more pain.
- Appointments: The appointments made for Invisalign treatment are more frequently than braces as aligners are regularly changed depending on your procedure.
What Are Some Of The Advantages Of Opting For Invisalign Treatment?
- Proven results: Invisalign is clinically proven to improve control of tooth movement with Invisalign clear aligners.
- Better fit: Aligners are comfortable, fit well, and are easy to put on and take off.
- Effective: Invisalign clear aligners can treat a wide range of teeth-straightening conditions, including crossbites, crowding, open bites, gapped teeth, overbites, and underbites.
- Virtually invisible: Most people won’t even know you’re going through treatment, because Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible!
- Comfortable: Invisalign clear aligner trays are not only smooth and comfortable to wear, but they’re also removable. That means you can continue doing all the things you normally would, from brushing and flossing to eating whatever you like.
When Using Invisalign, Care Should Be Taken About The Following Points:
- Avoid taking them out other than meals as you need to wear them for 20-22 hours for it to work effectively. Removing them for a long time will extend the amount of time needed for the treatment.
- Do not chew gum wearing the aligners as they tend to stick to them.
- Do not drink alcohol with aligners because the high sugar content in the alcohol is trapped in the aligners. A small quantity is fine however care should be taken to clean both the aligner and your teeth.
- Do not smoke wearing aligners as it can cause a stain.
Read What Some Of Our Patients Who Have Received Invisalign Treatment Say:
- A High School student who had a gap in her front teeth says that every day she thinks, it’s one day closer to getting that perfect smile she has always dreamed about. Invisalign has given her the confidence to be herself.
- Another patient who had a gap in her front teeth says that her daughter notices her smile and she sees her smiling more often now than before. Before, she never used to smile. Now that she sees her smiling, it’s contagious.
Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional braces since each aligner is different and is personalized based on each patient’s need. The extent of the alignment of teeth required to be corrected and the number of aligners needed are the primary factors for the impact of the cost change. Most of the dental insurances which cover the cost of the braces also cover the cost of Invisalign. We are in-network providers for Delta Dental PPO and Cigna PPO plans. We also accept other PPO insurances. Additionally, we also have in-office plans for all patients who don’t have an insurance. So, don’t worry – we have you covered. To what it’s worth, the Invisalign promises to give you a great smile with less pain and comfort which makes it a serious option to ponder over when considering to have the beautiful smile on your face again.