A surgical microscope is an optical appliance used by the surgeon, which provides the best quality of the magnified and illuminated image of the tiny structures in the surgical area. It is a crucial tool that is not only massively utilized in the endodontic realm, but also in the surgical practice of ophthalmology, otolaryngology, plastic and reconstructive medicine, gynecology, and urology. And in dentistry, the surgical microscope is vastly used for endodontic and other fragile procedures where precision is required.
We live in an era where ‘white teeth’ play an essential role in improving our personality, and dental cleaning is a way out, where a surgical microscope is a need having no substitute. A surgical microscope offers more effective, accurate, and a higher standard of visualization to all the systems within endodontic and dentistry. To the dental professionals worldwide, it is a challenge whether they choose to treat their patients with the best possible means at hand to establish the best clinical outcomes achievable and push the periphery of the possible. In a nutshell, it has redefined the concept of magnified visualization.
Applications of Surgical Microscope
Beyond the endodontic practice, there is a substantial role of a surgical microscope to obtain aesthetic results and protect the dental health of patients in the long run. Enhanced visualization always helps, and helps significantly, especially in complicated treatments. To be specific, this applies to the complete removal of the pulp roof, especially if it is attached to the partial pulp floor. Likewise, it aids in better treatment of blocked and obstructed canals as it is quite easier to locate the canal entrances that are difficult to access and display the links between the canals as well as the perforations, bends, splits, or oval canals. It improves the ability to clean prepared canals thoroughly. Improved lighting and magnification enable the diagnosis and evaluation of the fractures and abnormalities.
Advantages of Surgical Microscope
The most impressing part of Surgical Microscope is, it enables the dentist to involve the patient in their treatment decisions and the rationale for treatments. Let’s have a glance over the appealing advantages:
1. It allows the surgeon to reduce the length of the surgical process by minimizing the patient’s discomfort and also his/her healing time.
2. It improves the level of accuracy of microsurgical incisions and suturing with 6-0 through 8-0 sutures, also allows better tissue-tissue and tissue-tooth approximation for significant wound healing.
3. It provides better inspection and inquiry of abnormal soft-tissue lesions of the gingival, palate, and mucosa also gives a far better visualization of the root surface and adjacent intrabony infections.
4. Sometimes an image or a video says more than a thousand words; hence, as the patient can see their dental problems through the magnified camera, they can be better counseled and educated according to which treatment can be done.
5. In addition to it, the attached camera and video equipment help the dental professional to involve the patients in their treatment process to a greater extent and also increases the overall treatment compliance. The surgical microscope provides a systematic classification of tooth cracks and fractures, and most of these types of cracks go undetected even with loupes sans high magnification (16X).
6. The use of a surgical microscope helps improving ergonomics. It enlightens the diagnosis of root fractures and abnormalities, also provides the best possible upright working conditions, and making peace with occupational neck, back, and shoulder problems. It also makes the process easy as it allows for high-resolution video and 35-mm photography for patient education, augmented training, and insurance/legal documentation. And in a few cases, there is also a probability of complete vanish of the existing injuries.
7. The magnified image of the surgical microscope helps the patient to be vividly aware of the treatment and therapy, also allows the patient to sit in their comfortable position ergonomically correct, relaxed, and upright position during the procedure.
We consider investment in technology vital to nourish the practice ethos of quality care. What we believe is it will be beneficial by providing fantastic treatment that patients generally seek for, rather than only doing more work per unit of time. The application of a surgical microscope is always highly essential from vascular surgery to plastic dental surgery as there is a need for suture material at a high level of magnification. When deciding on treatment, what one needs to check with is a crucial criterion for his/her clinical assessment. The surgical microscope is a need that has no substitute. Ironically, dollar for dollar, there is no single tool with more horsepower to raise the standard of care. If one wishes to avail the highest quality of treatment, this is not an optional piece of equipment; absolutely it has no substitute. The surgical microscope is the best way out, which allows the dental procedures to be elevated from good to dainty. ‘If you look for it, but you can’t see it, you are unlikely to find it. If you can see it, you can probably do it.’
Dr. Mohamed Ali uses the best technology, and the surgical microscope is one among them, which is used to examine your mouth followed by different options of treatment thoroughly, and also, he advises about the best treatment at the best price. The billing experts will check your insurance benefits and offer a proper treatment plan with the financial arrangements. We accept all major dental and medical PPO insurance plans. We also provide an in-office Plan for Health for those who don’t have insurance. Additionally, we have partnered with various financial institutions like Care Credit, The Lending Club, Healthcare Finance Solution to make your Dental treatment extremely affordable and pleasant. We will be happy to answer all your questions. So sit, relax, and get your dental care. To schedule your free consultation, call us at 415.391.7751.