From this COVID-19 Pandemic, we are leaving no stone unturned to boost our confidence in our patient’s and staff’s safety. In the wake of the present COVID pandemic and our ongoing strict guidelines regarding CDC mandates and “universal precautions,” we are happy to announce an additional layer of safety we have added to protect and facilitate care to our patients and our staff. The Extraoral Dental Suction System helps high-volume removal of droplets and aerosols associated with dental care. With an extensive medical-grade filtration system and a UV light disinfectant, viral and germ products will be eliminated. From personal protection (safety eyewear shield/mask/gloves/fluid resistant wear/cover hat) to complete instrument sterilization adhering to infection control protocols in the operatories, bathroom facilities, laboratories, hallways, front office reception, and of course, the waiting room. We are here to provide dental care in a comfortable and safe setup.
The Extraoral Dental Suction System Droplets and Aerosols Terminator are prepared to decrease the droplet and aerosol spray, which is an inherent part of dental care. Aerosols are connected to the dentist’s body while treating the patients. The safety and well-being of dentists and staff are vital for patient care and successful practice. Extraoral Dental Suction System helps to remove the droplets, aerosols, and blood splashing from the very origin. It also kills the chance of attaching to the dentist’s bodies during the treatment. Hence, it eliminates airborne viruses, bacteria, and contamination.
The extraoral suction unit uses strong suction pressure and a tremendous flow rate. The 75mm suction pipe full mouth sucker can achieve an immense suction flow rate, far more than negative pressure suction. This reduces the cross-infection risk of doctors and patients significantly. Highly efficient plasma sterilization (80 million plasma) and HEPA filter (high-efficiency air purification) ensure clean exhaust gas. Mute casters at the lower and top ring handle designs can meet the needs of the convenient movement. The universal suction arm can meet the needs of the appropriate position control. Quickly mounted full mouth sucker, quick removal and installation, disposable use, avoid cross-infection.
This new oral suction system has a powerful HEPA filter which captures viruses, contaminants, or any other microbes within biological aerosols. This advanced filtration system prevents cross-infection between the doctors and the patients. It helps create a bright, dry, and clean environment.
Features & Benefits of Extraoral Dental Suction:
- Grabbing and removing the droplets and aerosols at the point of generation reduces the potential exposure.
- While using intra-oral suction only, 50% ~ 60% of droplets are flying into the air.
- Using intra-oral and extra-oral suction simultaneously, the Vector Vortex captures close to 95% of droplet particles.
- The intra-oral and extra-oral suction mixture’s capture rate is 40%~70% higher than intra-oral suction only.
- The basic principle of extraoral suction
- Suction: With the intense suction vacuum pressure and more air suction flow rate, the aerosol droplets among the doctor and staff and the patients are sucked into the machine through the flexible positioning arm and discharged after thorough proper purification.
- Disinfection: The Aerosol goes into the machine, is filtered through a HEPA filter, and then sterilized by ultraviolet rays. The air is then discharged after a highly charged plasma sterilization and purification.
- Four stages of disinfection ensure clean air: Primary filter, UV Light, Plasma, HEPA Filter.
- A strong suction pump, large flow, high vacuum, more extended performance.
- The excellent heat dissipation performance can work continuously for more than 4 hours.
- The negative pressure could be regulated according to the clinical need by the adjusting knob.
- Ergonomic design hardly gets in your way while still giving effective removal of droplets.
- Low noise: noise level hardly increases when working with an ultrasonic scaler, handpiece, etc.
Why is Extraoral Dental Suction needed?
In contrast to COVID-19, the need for the Extraoral Dental Suction is highlighted. Dental Aerosol is produced from dental instruments like ultrasonic scalers, dental handpieces, three‐way syringes, and other high‐speed instruments. The dental aerosol is contaminated with – bacteria, fungi, viruses, skin, blood, saliva, and other abrasive particles. Aerosols are differentiated based on particle size: spatter (> 50 µm), droplet (≤ 50 µm), and droplet nuclei (≤ 10 µm). In dental settings, 90% of the aerosols produced are tiny (< 5 µm). Dental Aerosol sometimes has a bad smell, especially with tobacco consuming patients.
We are much confident that the Extraoral Dental Suction is an excellent addition to our safety protocol. At Dr. Mohamed Ali’s office, he will thoroughly assess your mouth before recommending any treatment. If required, he might suggest some alternatives which are best suited for your needs. We are also taking all the COVID-19 precautions for our patients and staff’s safety at our office. The billing experts will inspect your insurance benefits. They will offer you a complete treatment plan with all the necessary arrangements. Our office is also decked with modern technologies like CT-Scan, Intravenous Sedation, Platelet Rich Fibrin, etc. to present nothing less than the best services.
Every major dental and medical PPO insurance plan is accepted, including Medicare. There is also an in-office Plan for Health for those who don’t have any insurance. We have also partnered with various financial institutions like The Lending Club, Care Credit, Healthcare Finance Solutions to make your treatment extremely affordable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. So sit, relax, and get sparkling white teeth. If you are ready for a perfect smile, give us a call or visit our website today! You can reach us at 415.391.7751.